PDA

View Full Version : Gige Camera on Mac??

jh2832
June 25, 2010, 19:42:22
Has anyone had success in getting a gige camera (DFK 31AG03 in my case) operational using a mac book pro and parallels desktop/windows xp prof sp3???

I can get the camera detected, ip configured, etc.. but when using it in IC Capture I get a slow startup of the windows, a "live" stalled image, and then a quick "device lost".

I have the virtual NIC in bridged mode, and mapped to the ethernet port on the mac side...

thanks, Jim

Stefan Geissler
June 28, 2010, 11:06:33
Hello,

Does your Mac book pro has a 100mBit or a Gigabit ethernet? If it has 100mBit only, then you must expect many problems.

Please excuse me asking this question, but I have no Mac Book Pro.

jh2832
June 28, 2010, 15:58:32
It does have a gige port on it.. I think the problem is that the virtual nic is only 100mbit.. I am working on trying to get a new virtual nic driver.. but that isn't looking promising.. I have heard, that even though they are gigabit cameras, they will work in 100mbit... is that not true?

thanks, jim

Stefan Geissler
June 29, 2010, 11:06:45
The camera may run on 100mBit with low frame rate, but this is not guaranteed. If you use a virtual machine for Windows, then make sure, that there is enough cpu power, at least 2 cores available for the virtual machine.

mateodelnorte
February 26, 2013, 18:19:04
Hi guys,

Were any of you able to get a Basler Ace running on a Mac, either directly or in Linux/Windows via Parallels or Virtual Box?

Thanks,

Matt