PDA

View Full Version : Updates....!

Kokatha man
June 25, 2010, 12:03:24
Hi Stefan - long time no post but at the moment I am not a happy chappy with IS Capture....!

Excuse the double posting but I'm hoping to catch your attention so I can get this completely sorted out (maybe!) in time for a planned imaging trip!

I believe that there are driver/capture updates for my DBK21AU04.AS camera I purchased around this time last year.....but of course when I go to The Imaging Source site I can only get the trial version of the capture software.....

I have been having incredible problems with the program I got when I purchased my camera last year (v2.0)

It has been crashing constantly of late and about the only thing left for me was to see if the latest version worked better.....I was virtually without a camera because of this problem and have had expert assistance continuously that had (finally!) suggested the only thing left to try was the update for the software and possibly an updated driver....!

I have v2.0 and the trial version of software capture is listed as v2.1

Everytime I opened IC capture the ".....has encountered a problem and needs to ....." which has been a constant problem since I have had the camera - it goes away for a while then comes back with a vengeance and this includes after completely reformatting the Laptop (Toshiba dual core Satellite pro 2)

Extremely annoying, but even more so is having to then manually turn the pc off as everything just freezes.....

I have now downloaded the trial version 2.1 and it has seemed to fix the problem - but I haven't been out in the field , just doing dummy runs so you can appreciate that I'm reserving my judgement!!!!

I would have thought that TIS owners would be able to access updated versions without having to go through all this.....why can't I just upgrade the software without relying on a limited trial version....?

As I said this trial upgrade seems to have solved things but I am limited to just 29 days!!!

Hoping you can assist with a speedy response to this Stefan,

Regards, Darryl.

Stefan Geissler
June 25, 2010, 15:37:00
Hello Darryl,

Please do not worry. Simply create a support case here : http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/case/ for a free update.