PDA

View Full Version : Dual Monitor

Dykema
June 22, 2010, 02:12:03
I am trying to setup a firewire camera on a workstation with dual monitors, everything works until the IC capture window is moved to the second monitor, the system hangs for a second then blue screens.

The computer is a brand new dell with windows 7, all the software and drivers are as up to date as I can tell.

I have tried two different video cards, running the program under compatibility mode.

I'm not sure what to try next.

Stefan Geissler
June 22, 2010, 11:02:10
Hello,

I suppose the problem is the graphics board driver. However, we use DELL computers too (VOSTRO 530). You may create a support case at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/case/ thus you can send us a minidump from the \Windows\minidump directory. With this, we can see, which driver causes the blue screen.

Stefan Geissler
June 22, 2010, 11:55:42
Hello,

the blue screen is caused by a DMA error of the 1394 bus driver of Windows 7. You should install the legacy driver for your 1394 bus.

You can load the legacy 1394 bus driver using the following steps: 1. In device manager, select the properties for the 1394 controller.

2. Select the 'Driver' page and 'Update Driver' button.

3. Select 'Browse my computer for driver software.'

4. Select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.'

5. Within the list of devices, you will see a device with '(Legacy).' This is the 1394 bus driver that previously shipped in Windows. Select this device and select 'Next.'

This will install the legacy 1394 bus driver on Windows 7. You can use the same steps, changing the device you select in step 5, to revert back to the new 1394 bus driver.