PDA

View Full Version : Dmk 41 wont record

carl088
June 4, 2010, 21:20:35
I have been using a dmk41 usb camera for a few months on a Compaq laptop with windows xp and for a week or so on a new Compaq with windows 7 .today I got error message recording could not begin probably do to codec not able to to record -try another.Have tried 3 computers with same result.
The camera is working with a Lucam trial program so it must be the IC Capture software.Please advise what to do.

Thanks

Stefan Geissler
June 7, 2010, 09:13:21
Hello,

Does even the Y800 not work? Do you write the AVI file into a directory, where you have rights to write in?

Also I suggest to use the latest IC Capture from http://www.astronomycameras.com/en/support/downloads/

carl088
June 8, 2010, 19:47:52
Stefan,

It was the folder I have been saving to all along .Changed folder and every things seems fine don't know why folder got write protected .
Thanks for the help

Stefan Geissler
June 9, 2010, 08:34:24
Hello,

Maybe you started IC Capture from the IC Capture setup and captured some AVI files. Since the IC Capture setup must run with administrator rights, it can write at every location. If you start your Windows Explorer as usual, you may have not the same rights or the folder where the AVI files have be saved was created with administrator rights only, thus you as standard user were not able to access the files.

Thus: Even if the IC Capture setup allows to start IC Capture directly, you should not do this, because the setup runs with different rights than yourself as user.

I ask the programmers to remove the start possibility from the IC Capture setup.