PDA

View Full Version : DFx 31AF03-Z

andres
May 31, 2010, 22:25:53
I purchased this camera a couple of years ago and I am just now getting to play with it. I have a couple of basic questions.

My development platform is linux. Using Coriander, I can only get 7.5 fps in the color mode. I thought this camera supported 15 fps in color mode. Am I wrong? Is there anyway of getting a higher frame-rate? perhaps reducing the image size??

The image as displayed in Coriander is out-of-focus on the edges of the image. Only the center section of the image appears to be in focus. Adjusting the focus slider does not correct this. The part of the image that is out-of-focus appears to be a full one-third of the image around the perimeter with the center two-thirds of the image in focus. Is this normal for this camera?

Coriander reports that this camera is a DFx 31AF03-Z. The zoom cameras on your web site only list a DFK 31AF03-Z2. Is this an updated version of my camera? Is my camera no longer manufactured?

Thanks,

-Andres

Stefan Geissler
June 1, 2010, 08:36:57
Helloo

My development platform is linux. Using Coriander, I can only get 7.5 fps in the color mode. I thought this camera supported 15 fps in color mode. Am I wrong? Is there anyway of getting a higher frame-rate? perhaps reducing the image size??

I am afraid I am not able to answer this questions, since I have no Linux experiences. I suppose in Windows you will receive the 15 fps in YUV video mode.

The image as displayed in Coriander is out-of-focus on the edges of the image. Only the center section of the image appears to be in focus. Adjusting the focus slider does not correct this. The part of the image that is out-of-focus appears to be a full one-third of the image around the perimeter with the center two-thirds of the image in focus. Is this normal for this camera?
Unfortunately yes, thus we have developed the Z2 model. The only way to get the whole image sharp is to close the iris as much as possible. Its a problem with the lense.

Coriander reports that this camera is a DFx 31AF03-Z. The zoom cameras on your web site only list a DFK 31AF03-Z2. Is this an updated version of my camera? Is my camera no longer manufactured?
The Z2 models have a better lens, that provides better images.

andres
June 2, 2010, 03:03:52
Thanks Stefan for your response.

-Andres