PDA

View Full Version : I'm suddenly getting connection problems

darwin-t
May 31, 2010, 14:12:39
I have been using my DF41AU camera successfully for a while now, but suddenly I am having trouble. When I start IC Capture, I get one of two results: It doesn't list my camera or it says "Error: Failed to open device DFX41AU02.AS. Make sure no other program already opened it."

After several tries and rebooting of the computer, I got it to work twice for a while, but it would eventually fail saying "Error: Device lost"

It has worked perfectly up until now and I haven't made any changes on the computer. I'm running XP Professional. Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks.

Stefan Geissler
May 31, 2010, 15:58:35
Hello Darwin-t,

for first step, I suggest to exchange the USB cable. If you have another cable, e.g. from your printer, please try this.

Also, if the camera is lost, please check, whether there is an "Unknown Device" listed in the Windows Device Manager near the USB devices. In this case, the camera may does not get enough power from the computer, thus it shuts down.

darwin-t
June 3, 2010, 15:24:41
It was the cable. Thank you Stefan for pointing out what should have been obvious to me, but wasn't. I was baffled.:-)