PDA

View Full Version : Trouble connecting to DFK 21AU04

tijaru
May 27, 2010, 20:09:22
Hello,

I'm am trying to connect a DFK 21AU04 USB CCD camera to Maxim DL 5.09. The computer is running Windows 7 on a Dell Studio XPS Intel Core i7. I have ASCOM Platform 2008 (v5.0) and I downloaded and installed the DMK CCD driver v1.3 from www.deepsky-online.com.

The trouble comes when I try to connect. I went to the Camera Control window clicked Setup Camera, chose ASCOM as the Camera Model. In Advanced I chose DMKCCD Camera V1.3. Then I tried to connect. Two windows pop up. Astronomy Camera Properties and Device Settings. All of the fields in Device Settings are grayed out and it will not let me change any of the settings. If I choose OK anyway it says "ImagingControl3: No device opened" then "Error opening camera. The camera link has failed". Does anyone know why I cannot connect to the camera and why it won't let me input information about it? Thanks for your help.

Tim

Stefan Geissler
May 28, 2010, 09:36:20
Hello,

Did you install the WDM driver from the CD ROM, that came with your camera? If not, please do so.

tijaru
May 28, 2010, 17:03:32
Alright, so I installed the driver from the disk.

Now I can select DFx 21AU04 in the Device Settings dialog box, but now when I press OK it gives me these errors: "DMKCCDV1.3: Index was outside the bounds of the array." and "Error opening camera The camera link has failed" again.

Is that a bug with DMKCCDV1.3 or am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to fix this?

Tim

tijaru
June 1, 2010, 15:49:16
More information:

I was able to connect a DMK 21AU04.AS and that camera works and connects in Maxim DL. I installed IC Capture and both cameras are able to connect and work. So, the only problem is the combination of the DFK 21AU04 with Maxim DL.