PDA

View Full Version : Camera Hanging

selvanathan
May 8, 2010, 07:05:36
Dear Stephan,

Actually i asked this question alrady... i dont now how to remember you with the same thread.. so i create this thred seperately....

I use very high speed ****** board(Advantech Product) with Intel quad core processor.. 2GB RAM... one thing i forget to told you..

In my project i use THREE DFx 21AF04 Cameras for each and every camera i use seperate IEEE image source camera interface card ( i mean that i use 3 IEEE cards).

In Detail

Camera 1
--------
DFx 21AF04
Image Source IEEE fireware card (Seperate card for this camera)
30 FPS
BY8 (640x480)
Continuous processing

Camera 2
--------
DFx 21AF04
Image Source IEEE fireware card(Seperate card for this camera)
60 FPS
BY8 (640x480)
Continuous processing

Camera 3
--------
DFx 21AF04
Image Source IEEE fireware card(Seperate card for this camera)
60 FPS
BY8 (640x480)
Continuous processing

Three cameras are processing simultaneously & continuously with out stopping...

Here one thing i noticed... only Camera 1 & Camera 3 are hanged after some hours... Camera 2 also hanged but its very rare...

I already changed & tested two fireware cards connected with Camera 1 & Camera 3.. But the problem still comes...

Please help me to solve this...

Thanks in Advance
K.Selvanathan

Stefan Geissler
May 10, 2010, 12:14:27
Hello Selvanathan,

which driver and Windows version do you use?

selvanathan
May 11, 2010, 11:15:00
Dear stefan

i use windows XP .

Driver :

IC Capture 2.0
IC Imaging Control 3.0

Stefan Geissler
May 12, 2010, 09:44:35
Hello Selvanthan,

Thank you very much for giving me the versions of the software you use. However, the driver versions can be queried using the Windows Device Manager. In the Device Manager, open the "Imaging Device" section and perform a right mouse click on the listed cameras. Now a context menu will popup. In this menu choose "Properties". Now are new dialog window opens. Click on the "Driver" tab and you will see the version of the currently used driver. Please let me know this version.

I also would like you to check with the Windows Task Manager the CPU load. If the CPU load is 100%, then you may try to optimize your program. If the CPU load below 20%, then I would like you to create CPU load. For creating CPU load, you may use the nice program "CPUSTRESS".

(If the CPU load is too low, then the CPU slows the computer down. That means, also the FireWire to memory datatransfer is slowed down and you will receive a lower frame rate than the expected 60 fps.)

Do you mean by "camera hang" the cameras are still listed in the Windows Device Manager, but they do not provide any images? Or do the cameras disappear from the Windows Device Manager?

selvanathan
May 14, 2010, 08:48:49
Dear Stefan..
Thank u for u r reply...

My Driver Version is 4.0.1.2.

You are right... my CPU useage is less than 20%...

i increase the CPU Usage up to 60 to 70 percentage and the program is running frm last 4 hours..

i will test it for next few hours and get back to you..

anyhow thank a lot for your valuable feedback.

have a nice day..

regards

K.Selvanathan

Stefan Geissler
May 14, 2010, 10:03:46
Hello Selvanathan,

A CPU load of ~25% will be enough as far as I have learned.

This is a problem of the "C-States" of the CPU. If the CPU slows down too much, then USB, FireWire and eSATA datatransfer is slowed down. There is a program available for Windows XP, that may helps to avoid the "C-State" changes by the CPU:http://www.diefer.de/speedswitchxp/index.html

selvanathan
May 14, 2010, 10:50:54
Dear Stefan,

Thank u for u r reply... its very very use full for me...

Thanks & Regards
K.Selvanathan