PDA

View Full Version : Camera Hanged.

selvanathan
May 4, 2010, 06:31:06
Dear Sir,

I am using DFx 21AF04 camera and Image source IEEE camera interface card. Only one camera connected in that card.

In my project i process 60 FPS with BY8(640x640) format.

After 2 or 3 hours of continuous processing camera getting struck up (Or) card not transfering the images to PC.

Once i getting this problem, suppose if i open IC Capture 2.0 utility, it tells that <no device found>.

Even restarting the system also gives the same message <no device found> in IC Capture 2.0 utility.

Suppose, Once i switch off the entire system power supply (Or) Unplug and replug the camera interface cable from the interface card.
Then the camera working properly.

I am not able to find where is the problem.
Is there any problem on continuous processing of 60 FPS with BY8(640x640) format.

Kindly help me to solve this problem....

Thanks in advance
K.Selvanathan

Stefan Geissler
May 4, 2010, 09:34:45
Dear Selvanathan,

I would like you to check whether the camera is listed in the Windows Device Manager, after the issue happened. I suppose, the camera is no listed, it simply disappeared. A warm start of the computer wont bring back the camera, because it stays powered, thus it will stay in its undefined state.

I suggest to try the same software, cable and camera on another computer, if possible, and check whether the same issue happens here too. In this case, I assume, there is something wrong with the camera. If the issue does not happen, then there is something wrong in the computer, I suggest to exchange the FireWire board.

selvanathan
May 4, 2010, 11:27:35
Dear Stephan,
you are right after the issue happened, camera is not listed in the Windows Device Manager too.

I use very high speed ****** board(Advantech Product) with Intel quad core processor.. 2GB RAM... one thing i forget to told you..

In my project i use THREE DFx 21AF04 Cameras for each and every camera i use seperate IEEE image source camera interface card ( i mean that i use 3 IEEE cards).

In Detail

Camera 1
--------
DFx 21AF04
Image Source IEEE fireware card (Seperate card for this camera)
30 FPS
BY8 (640x480)
Continuous processing

Camera 2
--------
DFx 21AF04
Image Source IEEE fireware card(Seperate card for this camera)
60 FPS
BY8 (640x480)
Continuous processing

Camera 3
--------
DFx 21AF04
Image Source IEEE fireware card(Seperate card for this camera)
60 FPS
BY8 (640x480)
Continuous processing

Three cameras are processing simultaneously & continuously with out stopping...

Here one thing i noticed... only Camera 1 & Camera 3 are hanged after some hours... Camera 2 also hanged but its very rare...

I already changed & tested two fireware cards connected with Camera 1 & Camera 3.. But the problem still comes...

Please help me to solve this...

Thanks in Advance
K.Selvanathan