PDA

View Full Version : Camera Life?

selvanathan
May 4, 2010, 06:02:11
Dear Sir,
What is the life time of our image source camera. If continously i taking the images how long it works and how many frames maximum it takes.

Thanks & regards
K.Selvanathan

Stefan Geissler
May 4, 2010, 09:30:42
Hello Selvanathan

The time the camera needs to provide an image depends on the set frame rate and the exposure time. If the exposure time shorter than the frame rate's time interval, then the images are provided in the frame rate's time interval. For example the camera runs with 60 fps and the exposure time is less than 1/60 second, then the images are provided within 16.66ms by the camera.

If the exposure time is longer than the the frame rate's time interval, then the camera slows down, because it changes the internal gabbing mode. If you need longer exposure times, then it is recommended to use lower frame rates. For example if the exposure time is 1/40 second, then you should use 30 fps instead of 60 fps.

The maximum frames the camera takes is determined by the frame rate. That means, at e.g. 15 fps, the camera takes only 15 frames per second. The camera has no own memory, thus it can not store images.

Some latency can occur in the computer, caused by color space transformation and image buffer copying.

I hope, this answered your question.

selvanathan
May 4, 2010, 11:34:28
Dear Stefan,
Thank u for u r reply... actually i like to know that what is the life time of camera...

How long a good camera works with out fail.

Thanks & Regards
K.Selvanathan

Stefan Geissler
May 5, 2010, 10:14:54
Hello Selvanathan,

I am very sorry, but I have no information about the live time cycle of the cameras. I have customers running the first versions of these camera models since 5 or 6 years 24/7, without any problems.