PDA

View Full Version : Reduce resolution DBK41

tea drinker
March 31, 2010, 19:07:05
Is it possible to run a reduced resolution on the DBK41Au02.as ?
I only have option for 1280x960

Thanks
TD

Edit: I use IC capture 2.1

Stefan Geissler
April 1, 2010, 10:22:36
Hello,

no, it is not possible.

tea drinker
April 1, 2010, 11:44:07
Pity,
that would be a sweet way to get a "ROI" and increased framerate.
Any chance we could see it in the future Stefan?

Stefan Geissler
April 1, 2010, 11:46:48
Hi,

The frame rate can not be changed, because the CCD sensor has no higher clock rate. The frame rate can only be raised on CMOS sensors.

Thus, there are no changes on the CCD cameras in future.

tea drinker
April 1, 2010, 12:26:19
I think I made a mistake to get this Camera :-(
I made an assumption and paid the price!

Stefan Geissler
April 1, 2010, 12:53:08
Hello,

I am very sorry for this.

Reallyethical
April 1, 2010, 14:12:06
Why do you want to REDUCE the resolution? maybe this is something that can be done programmatically, you can always loose data, its up-scaling that's a pain.

Regards

Adam

tea drinker
April 1, 2010, 19:26:40
Hi Adam,
I want to reduce number of pixels as most of the images I make will not be come close to fill the chip. I was hoping to increase the frame rate to utilise the extra available bandwidth.

Of course there are situations when full frames are easily achieved and desirable, and I mistakenly thought I had the flexibilty to use both.
The problem is if as Stephan says the scan rate cannot be increased.
One remote possibility could be partial scanning might allow a slightly higher scan rate???

Regards and thanks
Martin

darwin-t
April 3, 2010, 00:44:45
With IC Capture, you CAN set ROI, but I don't think it changes the frame rate or file size. It's the last choice on the "Device" tab at the top of the screen. You can set it to any size and any where on the screen.

I have an Opticstar camera that I don't need any more and it does true ROI with faster frame rates, but it is not very sensitive.

Stefan Geissler
April 6, 2010, 13:55:00
Darwin-t,

the intention of Martin was to increase the frame rate. With CMOS cameras this is possible, you can achieve app. 450 fps with low resolution, e.g. 50x50 pixels. With CCD sensors this is not possible, because they work in a different way.