PDA

View Full Version : Driver Installation

kevin3d3
March 30, 2010, 20:20:19
Hello,

We are using UVC driver 1.2.0.18 and would like our application's installation program to automatically install this driver. The driver only gets installed if a device is connected to the computer when the driver is installed.

Currently, our installation program is launching the install by using RunDLL32.exe which calls the function LaunchINFSectionEx inside advpack.dll. We are doing it this way to get a silent install.

Is there way to call the exe's (drvInstaller.exe and drvInstaller_x64.exe) to do a silent install? Is there a way to install the driver without devices present and have Windows automatically load the driver when a device is connected?

Thanks,
Kevin Ponti

Stefan Geissler
March 31, 2010, 10:51:18
Hello Kevin,

Right now, there is no silent installation for the driver. But you can install the driver using the "SetupCopyOEMInf" function from the Setup-API . The driver can be installed with this function even if the device was not connected.
I suggest to do this with the latest driver 1.2.1.4.

We also changed the class id of the USB CCD cameras a few days ago, so the "Upgrade Hardware Wizard" installs the driver automatically, if a new USB CCD cameras is connected. This is only interesting for Windows XP since Windows 7 installs the driver automatically once it was installed.

kevin3d3
April 1, 2010, 01:48:38
Thanks Stefan, your response was very helpful.

Just a quick question, is there any way to get the driver installed without have Windows complain: "Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software"?

This messages comes up when I install using the exes (drvInstaller) and when manually calling SetupCopyOEMInf.

Thanks,
Kevin

Stefan Geissler
April 1, 2010, 11:18:54
Hello Kevin,

I am very sorry, this can not be avoided.