PDA

View Full Version : DMK-21 not outputting frames

Bill Bunker
March 26, 2010, 22:34:18
I've had this camera since last year, but our clouds have prevented much experience with it.

When first in my possession, the camera and IC Capture program worked as expected. At that time I was using a USB hub which did not allow USB 2 connections, but if I connected the camera directly to my PC, all was well.

This past week I replaced the older hub with one compatible with USB 2 in hopes of ending those "this connection could work faster" messages.

When I plugged in the camera, it was recognized by the computer, but upon opening IC Capture I get an error message stating that frames aren't being output and to try a different video format or reconnect the camera. This happened whether I was connected via the new hub or directly to the PC.

Thinking there might be a problem with the USB port assignments, I un-installed the drivers and capture programs and started over...same result.

What should I do now?

Thanks,

Bill

Reallyethical
March 27, 2010, 21:01:58
I assume by your message you are using Windows XP, have you just updated to service pack 3?

I have experienced this sort of issue with USB devices in windows XP SP2 and 3 several times, it is normally due to USB loading.

1) Ensure your USB Hub is powered and 5v or below not 5.1 / 5.2v
2) Disconnect any USB devices other than camera / keyboard and mouse
3) Power off and connect HUB and Camera and boot to test.

See if any of the above give you a different result, if so please let us know which one(s) gave different results.

Regards

Adam

Stefan Geissler
March 29, 2010, 08:51:07
Adam,

Thank you very much for your hints. We are researching also for reasons for this Windows warning. It may happen, if USB 1.0 or USB 1.1 devices are also connected to the same USB controller. Thus the hint with disconnecting everything from the USB controller could be right. However, I did not recommended it until now, because then the user may has no mouse and keyboard to control the computer.

But I look forward to Bill's results too.