PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect to FW in Win7

celstark
March 16, 2010, 05:27:10
I am trying to get my FireWire DMK31AF cam to work under Windows7 Professional. It's a clean install of Win7 Prof and I've installed the 4.1.1.1 Firewire drivers. I've also updated to the current IC Capture 2.1.1?3.536 from the site. The machine here is a MacBook Pro, booted directly into Win7.

The device and the firewire port work just fine. Not only did they work in XP before, but at least once it ran in my "Craterlet" software (just looks for a WDM device - think AMCAP) finding the camera and streaming just fine.

When I try to connect at 15 or 30 FPS, it says that "Live mode could not be started". If I try at 7.5 FPS, it sits for several seconds and then says that "the device is in live mode, but does not seem to deliver images."

Now, here's the kicker -- After doing this, it seems to not run in Craterlet either. I've plugged and unplugged several times and I get the same thing each time. Any thoughts?

Craig

Stefan Geissler
March 17, 2010, 13:44:43
Craig,

I must admit, I have no idea, what goes wrong on your computer. You may try the latest driver, which is attached to this post.

tea drinker
March 31, 2010, 14:48:34
No harm to look for the latest microsoft patches for win 7, as well as any apple driver updates, and if that doesn't work maybe try Bios update!

Stefan Geissler
April 1, 2010, 10:26:52
Hello,

I do not think messing around with BIOS settings will help but may be it is worth a try. However, if the driver update to 4.1.1.2 did not fix the problem, you may check the Windows Device Manager whether the camera is listed in the "Imaging Devices" section. If the camera is not listed in there, then Windows did not detect the camera at all.

Also exchanging the FireWire cable is a good test.

darwin-t
April 3, 2010, 00:48:27
I think I have had similar error messages when the exposure was set too long. I'm new at this, too, so I may be wrong.

Stefan Geissler
April 6, 2010, 13:57:47
Hello Craig,

We have no experiences with MacBook Pro, but in the last time I had some more issues with this hardware. I have no idea, why the MacBook Pro running Windows often creates these problems and much worse, I have no idea to fix these problems. Maybe it is helpful to ask the MacBook Pro support.