PDA

View Full Version : Trouble capturing images using multiple while loops

futuramaar
March 9, 2010, 19:16:13
I am working on a VI to control a firewire camera. I am currently using a while loop with an event structure inside to control the cameras functions. I also want the camera to be able to start recording images to a folder when a button is pressed and stopped when a stop button is pressed. I wasnt able to get this function into the original while loop but I added another while loop however it doesnt work. I attached an example where the first while loop is simplified (it only contains a displayvideoproperties node) In my actual VI the first while loop has about 10-15 different cases for various functions such as digital subtraction, triggering, etc.. How would I get these parallel while loops to work together or how would I get the second while loop into the first?

Stefan Geissler
March 10, 2010, 09:19:31
Hello,

I have checked your sample and it seems to work fine in my LabVIEW 2009 installation. Thus you seem to do nothing wrong with the IC Imaging Control programming. The images are nicely saved in the specified path.

I must admit, I have not enough LabVIEW knowledge to perform LabVIEW programming support for event handling. Thus, I would like you to ask the National Instruments support for help too. I am very sorry for not having a better answer.