PDA

View Full Version : DMK 21AU04.AS problem

Planetary
March 8, 2010, 15:34:14
Hello.
I just purchased my dmk 21AU04.AS but I have a problem: When connecting the camera receives this message:The device DMx 21AU04.AS (8010006) is in live mode,but does not seem to deliver images.Please try to chose a different video format or try reconnecting your device to your computer.
I understand that I can not record to 60 FPS, but I can do with 30 FPS or less.
My laptop is an Acer AMD Turion 64 Mobile Technology MK-38 2.19 GHz and 768 MB of Ram.The operating system is W. XP Professional V. 2002 Service Pack 2.
Well thank you any help and sorry for my bad English :embarrassed:
Best wishes.

Planetary.

Emil
March 8, 2010, 15:38:30
That message always appears when I'm trying to take longer exposures (e.g. several seconds)

Have you checked the shutter speed?? Just decrease the exposure time a bit, and you will probably see a 'live' preview videostream again.

Planetary
March 8, 2010, 19:20:51
Hi.
I think you've tried everything but does not work at 60 fps,but in my desktop computer that has more or less the same configuration if you work.
I have also noticed that sometimes flashes the image depending on the exposition put.I suspect that may be of USB connections.
Thanks and regards.

Stefan Geissler
March 9, 2010, 09:23:32
Hi,

In case you use a short exposure time, e.g. 1/30 seconds for testing and you receive an image at 60 fps, then you can ignore the message using longer exposure times.

In case you use a short exposure time and you can not run the camera with 60 fps, but with 30 fps or less, then please check:
- the computer really has an USB 2.0 HighSpeed controller
- you may use another USB cable
- there are no other devices connected to the same USB controller
- the energy options are set to the highest possible value

Also there may is a problem with the AMD Southbridge: We have some AMD X64 computers, that uses a not good designed Southbrigde. This hardware reduces the amount of data to be transferred extremely, so we can not achieve high frame rates on these computers. We did not check this with Turion 64 hardware.

Planetary
March 9, 2010, 11:09:32
Hi.
Thanks for caring about me, but definitely the problem is the usb driver.
I tested the camera in my son's laptop with processor Intel Cuore duo and works perfectly, (now my problem is to convince him to change it to the mine,but I hope it is good to his father :-) ).
Of course, I will continue reading this interesting forum.

Best regards