PDA

View Full Version : live window stuck in top left corner using labview

jgleeson
March 4, 2010, 21:29:13
New computer using windows 7 64 bit (AMD) and labview 2009. When I create a IC control and wire it to "open device" it automatically creates a live window which is pinned to the top left of the screen. This window remains until the "close device" is called. I'm using the DFG-1394 frame grabber.

Also, I tried NI Vision Assistant 2009. It recognized the frame grabber but gives an error whenever you try to change the video mode or grab an image. What is necessary to make this work?

J. Gleeson
Kent State University

Stefan Geissler
March 5, 2010, 08:41:08
Hi Mr. Gleeson,

If the live video is shown on the desktop, then the IC Imaging Control ActiveX did not got a parent window handle from LabVIEW. IC Imaging Control ActiveX is a 32 bit com component, maybe this is the reason for this. I have no LabVIEW 2009 64bit, thus I am not able to test this on my own. You may ask the National Instruments support about this.

Also, I tried NI Vision Assistant 2009. It recognized the frame grabber but gives an error whenever you try to change the video mode or grab an image. What is necessary to make this work?
I think, this is a problem of National Instrumens IMAQdx (DirectShow) driver. You may ask the National Instruments support about this.