PDA

View Full Version : there is a problem when building the demoapp project

bathongkr
March 3, 2010, 12:45:37
Hello,
I have a problem when building the demoapp project using VC6 in winxpsp2. I use directshow in microsoft windows SDK 2008.

VideoCaptureDialogData.cpp
C:\Program Files\The Imaging Source Europe GmbH\IC Imaging Control 3.0\samples\vc6\Dialogs\VideoCaptureDialogData.cpp (177) : error C2065: 'sprintf_instead_use_StringCbPrintfA_or_StringCchP rintfA' : undeclared identifier
VideoCaptureDlg.cpp
C:\Program Files\The Imaging Source Europe GmbH\IC Imaging Control 3.0\samples\vc6\Dialogs\VideoCaptureDlg.cpp(17) : error C2065: 'LONG_PTR' : undeclared identifier
C:\Program Files\The Imaging Source Europe GmbH\IC Imaging Control 3.0\samples\vc6\Dialogs\VideoCaptureDlg.cpp(17) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'pData'
C:\Program Files\The Imaging Source Europe GmbH\IC Imaging Control 3.0\samples\vc6\Dialogs\VideoCaptureDlg.cpp(17) : error C2065: 'pData' : undeclared identifier
C:\Program Files\The Imaging Source Europe GmbH\IC Imaging Control 3.0\samples\vc6\Dialogs\VideoCaptureDlg.cpp(131) : error C2664: 'DialogBoxParamA' : cannot convert parameter 4 from 'long (struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long)' to 'int (_
_stdcall *)(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long)'
None of the functions with this name in scope match the target type
MediaStreamSinkDlg.cpp
C:\Program Files\The Imaging Source Europe GmbH\IC Imaging Control 3.0\samples\vc6\Dialogs\MediaStreamSinkDlg.cpp(15) : error C2065: 'LONG_PTR' : undeclared identifier
C:\Program Files\The Imaging Source Europe GmbH\IC Imaging Control 3.0\samples\vc6\Dialogs\MediaStreamSinkDlg.cpp(15) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'pData'
C:\Program Files\The Imaging Source Europe GmbH\IC Imaging Control 3.0\samples\vc6\Dialogs\MediaStreamSinkDlg.cpp(15) : error C2065: 'pData' : undeclared identifier
C:\Program Files\The Imaging Source Europe GmbH\IC Imaging Control 3.0\samples\vc6\Dialogs\MediaStreamSinkDlg.cpp(254 ) : error C2664: 'DialogBoxParamA' : cannot convert parameter 4 from 'long (struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long)' to 'int
(__stdcall *)(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long)'
None of the functions with this name in scope match the target type
Generating Code...
Error executing cl.exe.

DemoApp_vc6.exe - 9 error(s), 0 warning(s)

What is this problem? Please help me!
Thank you.

Stefan Geissler
March 3, 2010, 13:24:59
If you use VC++ 6.0, which is unfortunately outdated since some years and thus no longer supported by Microsoft, then you should try to use the appropriate DirectShow SDK. Your mixing of versions cause your trouble.

You may try

#define NO_DSHOW_STRSAFE

if you want to use the newer SDKs.

The next step is to vary the sequence of the include paths in the project settings as long as you can not compile. Doing thism you can get the correct declarations so you may can compile. I am very sorry for not having the correct sequence of include paths for you.

bathongkr
March 3, 2010, 14:23:17
So where do I put that define command?

Thank you.

Stefan Geissler
March 3, 2010, 15:12:37
So where do I put that define command?

stdafx.h is a good place for this #define. However, it wont fix your problem.