PDA

View Full Version : single filed setting

dpat12
March 2, 2010, 11:02:00
when is set video type 768x288 i get the single field but when i check it in overlaycallback with MediaSampleDesc.FrameType it is just grabbing frame type 1 only . and throwing away second frame

ideally it should be even-odd-even-even sequence !!

is is possible to set frametype as both during init of grabber so that it will grab single field but in even-odd-even sequence .

Regards,
Darshan

Stefan Geissler
March 2, 2010, 14:38:35
Hello Darshan,

I am not sure, whether the frame type is set correctly, but when I wrote software for the DFG/1394-1e many years ago, I had no problems with receiving even and odd fields.

dpat12
March 3, 2010, 05:51:39
i have connected analog camera with this . and how we can set the frame type in initlization .

Regards,
Darshan

Stefan Geissler
March 3, 2010, 10:15:25
Hello Darshan,

In IC Capture you can check in the "View" menu "Show all video formats". Then you will see the list of all available video formats, also the half size formats, that are field based.
If the full size format is 640x480 at 25fps, then the field based format is 640x240@50fps.

dpat12
March 4, 2010, 08:54:37
i have set the size 768@288 @50 fps . that is fine but with this when you print using overlay callback and field id . i am getting only field id 1 !!!

that is my problem. that the software is giving field but it is just giving field id 1 i.e .odd . it should give field id 1 and then field id 2 so on .

Stefan Geissler
March 4, 2010, 12:41:34
Hi,

you are right, I checked on my own:

switch(pBuffer->getSampleDesc().FrameType)
{
case eFRAME_FIELD1 : iStart = 1;
TRACE("1\n");
break;
case eFRAME_FIELD2 : iStart = 0;
TRACE("2\n");
break;
default :
break;
}

I asked my programming team about this.

dpat12
March 8, 2010, 08:50:45
Hi ,
when i can expect to get the the resolution of this problem .
as one of the project is going on .
Regards,
Darshan

Stefan Geissler
March 8, 2010, 10:10:03
Hello Darshan,

I do not know, when we will find time to fix this. Thus, we must find a work around. What do you want to do with the single fields?

dpat12
March 8, 2010, 11:19:38
as i am having external strobe trigger which triggers on vsync and then i have to get the next field . if i grab complete frame i have to saperate even and odd lines(filed) after this operation i do not know which filed is bright and which is black as my strobe is programmed to illuminate just one filed !! i have to show bright filed only.

Apart from that i have bought the licence for this IC Imaging SDK and i am registered customer . so you can provide support to at least registered custromers who has bought this SDK.

if i can get directly filed then it would be best !!

Regards,
Darshan

Stefan Geissler
March 9, 2010, 10:16:50
Dear Darshan,

as i am having external strobe trigger which triggers on vsync and then i have to get the next field . if i grab complete frame i have to separate even and odd lines(filed) after this operation i do not know which filed is bright and which is black as my strobe is programmed to illuminate just one filed !! i have to show bright filed only.

The vsync comes after even and odd fields, thus I wonder, whether your strobe triggers on each vsync. In this case, you do not need to know which field is even or odd, because all fields are illuminated. (Please correct me, if I am wrong.) In case your strobe illuminates every second vsync, how do you know, whether it is lighting on the even or odd field? (Please excuse me asking, I am trying to understand your problem and find a way working around). If you get the complete image containing even and odd field, then you can analyze the first even and first odd line. If the even line is much brighter, than the odd line, then you know, that you only need the the even lines. Same vice versa. You only need to analyze a few bytes of each line. This is only a simple, fast pointer operation on the image data, because you know each length of a line in an image.

Apart from that i have bought the license for this IC Imaging SDK and i am registered customer . so you can provide support to at least registered customers who has bought this SDK.
That is completely right, but I can not magic away an error in the driver. This needs some time and I need a time slot in the programmers schedules.

if i can get directly filed then it would be best !!
Right, if you now, whether to use the even or odd field.