PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Virtualdub & DBK21 avi's

Kokatha man
February 24, 2010, 12:32:12
Hi Stefan et al, I've just gotten back into turning my Y800 codec avi's from the DBK21 into bmp's in Virtualdub so that I can centre and grade them using ninox as well as split them into seperate RGB files using RGB Split software.....well, I should say I'm trying to!

After a process of elimination I have discovered it is initially when I create a file of bmp's from the avi in Virtualdub that I lose the ability to re-colourise them late in an RGB combine process in AstraImage.....I am set on trying to do this correctly as I'm convinced I will end up with superior end-images (just splitting the image into seperate R, G & B fits files at the end of Registax and processing each seperately in AstraImage gives a boost to them, and previous trials with an old toucam produced excellent results with good avi's using virtualdub, ninox and RGB Split etc.....)

Hopefully it is in the settings for Vitualdub that I am making the error and losing the ability to regain colour.....as I said, I virtdub the avi and run it through Registax and I then have no colour.....the same avi put into Registax has no such problems.....any advice on the Virtualdub settings I should be using....?

Regards, Darryl.

Stefan Geissler
February 24, 2010, 15:36:52
Hi Darryl,

I have no experiences using Virtual Dub. However, the it camera driver or IC Capture are installed on the same computer as your virtual dub, then the correct DirectShow transform filter for Y800 to RGB is installed. You can check this using the Windows Media Player.

Kokatha man
February 25, 2010, 04:08:20
Hi again Stefan,

I loaded the latest version I could find of VirtualDub today (v1.9.8) and also (in auxsetup.exe) enabled "Install DLLs necessary for AVIFile framelist support" hoping (!?!) things would function how I wish.....but I could play the avi's in Windows Media Player before with v1.9.7 which means that the correct DirectShow transform filter for Y800 to RGB is installed.....

It is still NOT working - and Cor from Registax has asked me if VirtualDub can write "undebayered" frames.....if it cannot, then that would explain why the encoded colour information is lost.....I have posted on the VirtualDub forum hoping to get an answer on this question.....

If there is anything else you (or others) can add to this I would be most gratefull.....eg, are there any other programs available that would bitmap an avi file from the DBK21 without losing the colour infor? (as Cor says, write "undebayered frames" as their output.)

Regards, Darryl.

Kokatha man
February 25, 2010, 09:28:07
.....just another possibility in all this - I have been informed that if I can run the IC Capture avi through a software program that will debayer it (ie, turn it back into a colour avi) than I can make things work (possibly!:smile-big:)

Are there any programs out there that I can use to put the RAW (undebayered) avi from the DBK21 into, so that I can debayer it into a colour avi....?

Yours hopefully, Darryl.

Kokatha man
February 25, 2010, 11:44:36
.....adding to my most recent post here.....surely there must be a method/program that allows one to turn the RAW Y800 codec greyscale avi into an RGB one so that the avi can be run/displayed in colour....?

Preferably a lossless method so I could then do the things I wish....?

BabaG
February 26, 2010, 06:17:52
i have no idea if it will work but i use xnview for a lot of things. it's free,
multi-platform, and handles a great many formats. there is also a very
helpful forum.

http://www.xnview.com/

BabaG

Stefan Geissler
February 26, 2010, 10:32:46
Hi,

I use NXView too. But this tool can not show Y800 videos. But the Fusion Player (http://www.fusionmedia.org/) can show an Y800 video.