PDA

View Full Version : Licensed version does not detect desktop 1394 camera, but demo version yes.

lairks
February 17, 2010, 19:33:08
Hello everybody, I have a problem with DShowLib. I need to access to Desktop 1394 Camera driver (default windows driver) instead of imaging camera driver. But with code
m_cGrabber->showDevicePage(); and licensed version only appears one window without choosable settings. However, if I change the licensed version and I put the demo version (in code), i can choose my 1394 camera driver.

Why it is?
Can you give me some solution?

Thanks.

Stefan Geissler
February 18, 2010, 11:49:01
Hello,

Your license for own built software can only detect The Imaging Source devices. The precompiled sample application have been built with the non free IC Imaging Control Professional version, thus they can detect nearly all WDM DirectShow devices.

waazimreza
February 19, 2010, 06:06:37
Hi,
I face the same problem.
I didnot properly understand the solution you explained.

It would be great if you elaborate to a amatuer like me.

Thanks in Advance.

lairks
February 19, 2010, 08:16:41
Hello,
Thanks for answer me. Then, I guess that demo version is a demo IC Imaging Control Professional.

waazimreza, if you didn't own the Professional version, you can't access to the default windows driver (trough imaging libraries).

waazimreza
February 19, 2010, 15:25:08
so I guess you meant I need to have IC Imaging Control Professional SDK.

My purpose was to change the exposure, frame rate of the camera programmatically.

Will I be able to do that with a demo version itself?

Stefan Geissler
February 19, 2010, 15:32:07
so I guess you meant I need to have IC Imaging Control Professional SDK.

If you want to use third party cameras, yes.

My purpose was to change the exposure, frame rate of the camera programmatically.

Will I be able to do that with a demo version itself?

I think so.

waazimreza
February 19, 2010, 15:50:22
Stefan,

So to summarize it,(Making sure that I got you)

My camera is Imaging Source DFK21F04. [ Not a third Party Camera]
I am using IC Imaging Control 3.1 Demo Version.

Currently I am using

DShowLib::InitLibrary( 0 )

and I am able to capture images and change the properties of camera.

So as per your answer only third party cameras should need the IC Imaging Control 3.1 Professional Version .

But when I use
DShowLib::InitLibrary( "License key" )

am not able detect any camera device in setupDeviceFromFile( grabber )

But why it happens to my camera which is not third party camera?
And is there any limitations in functionality using InitLibrary( 0 ) and not InitLibrary( "License key" ) ?

Really sorry for bugging you with amatuerish questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Waazim Reza

Stefan Geissler
February 22, 2010, 10:06:25
Hello,

I suppose, you did not install our WDM driver, so the camera runs with the standard Microsoft driver. I sugges to install our driver, then the camera should be detected flawlessly.

waazimreza
February 22, 2010, 18:10:26
Hi,

I am using Windows 7.
I have installed the WDM Drivers from Imaging Source CD I got when I bought the cameras few years back.

In the device manager, under Imaging Devices it shows Generic 1394 Desktop Camera.

Still, the problem pertains.

Did I install a wrong file for driver for DFK 21F04?

Regards,
Waazim Reza

Stefan Geissler
February 23, 2010, 08:54:33
Hi Waazim,

you may install the latest driver from http://www.theimagingsource.com/support. You can also perform a right mouse click on the camera in the Device Manager and check in its properties, whether our driver is installed.

waazimreza
February 23, 2010, 16:26:35
Stefan,

Thanks a lot. That solved my problem.
I got some more doubts.
I am posting it as another thread.

Regards,
Waazim Reza