PDA

View Full Version : 21AU04-AS installation issues

Mainenebula
February 9, 2010, 01:49:37
I have a brand new one of these and cannot get it to install under XP SP3. When trying to use the install CD I get a message that there is no supported device attached. I do cancel the Windows search for driver before running the CD.

The camera is listed in Device Manager. I downloaded the most recent SW drivers, unzipped them and point to them when trying to manually update the drive from Device Manager but get and error that the driver does not match the device.

What should I try next??

Dan in NY

Stefan Geissler
February 9, 2010, 12:34:12
In very seldom cases, the camera detection does not detect the camera correctly. But the driver can be installed manually. You may see this link : http://www.theimagingsourceforums.com/showpost.php?p=26089&postcount=4

Mainenebula
February 10, 2010, 04:03:16
Stefan -

Thanks but I had already tried that procedure. I did just get the camera to install in a Vista box so I know it works. The XP box only has USB 1.1 on it. Could that be the problem?? I would really like to get it operating on the XP machine as I take that out to the observatory and us it to control the mount.

Dan

Stefan Geissler
February 10, 2010, 09:17:30
Dan,

yes. The camera is a USB 2.0 HighSpeed camera. It does not run on USB 1.1 or below.