PDA

View Full Version : triggering camera through labVIEW function generator

futuramaar
February 2, 2010, 23:41:18
I am using the DMK 21BF04 camera. I am able to trigger the camera through an oscilliscope and function generator. I want to trigger the camera through the Labviews basic function generator how would I do this?

Stefan Geissler
February 3, 2010, 09:58:25
What is the "Labviews basic function generator"? Is this a hardware or a software? Do you need something like a "software trigger"?

futuramaar
February 3, 2010, 21:57:30
the labview function generator is a subVI listed on the functions palette under programming, waveform, analog waveform, waveform generation and then theres an icon called Basic Function Generator.vi. So this is a software thing not hardware. I set it up so that the waveforms output is checked on whether it is zero or not and when it is zero false is returned to the trigger input for the set external trigger.vi but this doesnt work since this is just changing whether the camera is in trigger mode or not. I am not sure what to do.

Stefan Geissler
February 4, 2010, 15:12:18
Well,

there is a solution.

1.) Enable the external trigger of your camera
2.) Get the interface to the Softwaretrigger interface of the camera
3.) if the waveform's output is zeror push the software trigger.

Maybe you need a firmware update for your camera to get the software trigger property. Also I am not sure, whether it is supported in the LabVIEW extension, this depends on the TIS_DCam.VDA file.

Also it may is complicated to query the VCD properties in LabVIEW. I must write a matching VI.

Please generate a support case http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/case/