PDA

View Full Version : Questions about ImageRingBufferSize and MemorySaveImage Sequence

futuramaar
January 20, 2010, 23:42:45
I am creating a VI to save a series of images but I am getting some errors.
I noticed that if I set IC Open Device to false for live the imageringbuffersize works with no errors but if it is true I get error 2146828269 occuring at the property node. I can also solve this with two invoke nodes doing livestop before the ring buffer and live start after the ring buffer. This works but overall I dont know what im doing. Do you need to not have live video to use the imageringbuffersize and what is the best way to stop video and start again?
Secondly I want to have a path control that allows the user to input the location to save the sequence, however when I make the path control and change its type to string so I can put it in the memorysaveimage sequence I get error 2146959355 occuring at unknown. I have fixed this by just using a string constant as the input to the memorysave image sequence but is there a way to use a path correctly as an input?

Stefan Geissler
January 21, 2010, 08:31:43
Hello,

The ImageRingBuffer size can only be set, if the live video stream has been stopped.

If you can pass a string to MemorySaveImage, then you should be able to path the output of your OpenFileDialog too. You may have a look on the output of the OpenFileDialog, if only a path is returned by this, you must add a file name too, e.g:
path = path + "\image*.bmp"
MemorySnapImage(path)

(I know, this is no LabVIEW code, but I suppose you can add strings in LabVIEW too.)

futuramaar
January 21, 2010, 22:38:59
I got everything working but now I need to take a sequence of triggered images how would I do that? If the camera is in triggermode and I do a sequence of pictures does that automatically snap each image when it triggers? How could I get a timestamp for each time it takes a picture so I know when it is taking them?

Stefan Geissler
January 22, 2010, 08:19:26
If the property "LiveCaptureContinuous" has been set to true, then each incoming frame will be saved automatically, whithout calling "MemorySnapImage" into the Ringbuffer.