PDA

View Full Version : IC LabVIEW installation problem

neil-m
January 5, 2010, 04:14:42
Hi,

I tried to install an IC labview extension after successfully installed IC Image control 3.0. My labview is a latest version(Labview 2009),and OS is win7(32bits). When I ran the setup file of IC labview extension 2, there always was a window pop up,said: couldn't find the Labview 7. or higher version in this computer... As the result, no labview control planttee found in my labview 2009 program. The IC control 3 is working fine.
Can you help me out of this, looks like a simple problem, but I can't find an answer online...

Stefan Geissler
January 5, 2010, 09:19:40
Hi,

There is no answer. When we created the LabVIEW Extension, that is on your CD ROM, LabVIEW 2009 still was not available. Thus we were not able to predict the future pathes National Instruments would use.
You may create a new support case at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/case/ , so i can send you a new setup.

You may also copy the content of the new created "user.lib" directory in your "program files" directory into the "user.lib" directory of your LabVIEW installation, then the VIs and the DLL will be accessable.

However, there are many changes in LabVIEW 2009, thus the IC LabVIEWExtens2.DLL will not be found. The path to the DLL is hard coded in the GrabIMAQ vis and for some reasons, this can not be changed. Thus the path in there is something individual from my computer. This was no problem in previous versions of LabVIEW.

In case LabVIEW 2009 ends without any error message as soon as the IC Imaging Control ActiveX is loaded by an vi: The error is caused by Visual Studio 2003 ATL, which was used for the IC Imaging Control ActiveX. You can workaround by opening a command line as administrator and type:

bcdedit /set nx AlwaysOff

Then reboot.

To restore the setting, if you do want to use it, type

bcdedit /set nx OptIn

Then reboot.

We considered to use the IC Imaging Control .NET component instead of the ActiveX control, but then we will loose LabVIEW 7 compatibility. Also exchanging the ActiveX against the .NET component is like programming the LabVIEW Extension completely new, even if all methods and properties are the same, because of the LabVIEW concept and its limitations.

You may look here for more information about bcdedit: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709667%28WS.10%29.aspx

neil-m
January 6, 2010, 08:27:19
No lucky at all, my LabVIEW was crashed after some attempt, have to re-install again. Waiting for a new setup file.

Stefan Geissler
January 6, 2010, 09:38:19
I guess, I sent it to you today.