PDA

View Full Version : Old application, compatibility problem

Goodidea
December 10, 2009, 01:41:35
My old software, compiled with IC version 2.0, don't work in Windows Vista/7 64bit (32bit is ok).

The questions are:
- IC 2.0 is guaranteed to work in Windows Vista/7 64bit (compiled in VC6)?
- I must recompile with a recent version (3.1)?

Thanks in advance!
Paolo

Stefan Geissler
December 10, 2009, 09:21:17
Hello Paolo

IC 2.0 is guaranteed to work in Windows Vista/7 64bit (compiled in VC6)?
No. Never tested this

I must recompile with a recent version (3.1)?
Good question. I suggest to avoid this, because there have been some minor changes in the step from 2.1 to 3.0.

Please let me know the error message you receive. Also make sure, all necessary DLLs are available on the Windows 7 /64 bit system, especially the VC 6 runtime files. With the nice "depends.exe" you can check, whether dependencies are missing

In my opinion, there is no reason, why your old VC 6 application should not run in Windows 7 64 bit.

Reallyethical
December 10, 2009, 09:49:31
I know this may sound very basic, but have you tried running the Application in Compatibility mode for Windows XP?

You do this by right clicking on the exe and selecting the relevant options.

Adam

Goodidea
January 4, 2010, 21:55:03
@ Reallyethical
No, the software don't run in Windows XP compatibility mode... :-(

@ Stefan Geissler

Please let me know the error message you receive.
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4861/videoview.jpg

With the nice "depends.exe" you can check, whether dependencies are missing.
Dependency Walker show a funny error message on a 64bit system (it's work on 32bit):
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/793/dependency.jpg

How can I download the IC Imaging Control C++ Class Library version 2.1? I don't found the link...

Stefan Geissler
January 5, 2010, 09:22:47
Hello Goodidea,

do you run your program on a 64 bit system? The error messages point to a problem with 64 bit. Did you install the correct VC++ 7.1 32 bit runtime DLLs?

IC Capture is a 32 bit application, that runs in Windows 7 64 bit without any problems.

Goodidea
January 5, 2010, 23:02:31
do you run your program on a 64 bit system?
The program work on 32bit system, don't run on 64bit. (Windows Vista and 7)

Did you install the correct VC++ 7.1 32 bit runtime DLLs?
Compiled with IC 3.0, my release folder is:

Main.exe
ICFilterContainer.dll
TIS_DShowLib07_vc71.dll
TIS_UDSHL07_vc6.dll
TIS_UDSHL07_vc71.dll
dvdevice.vda
tisdcam.vda
vcc_vp.vda
mjpeg.tca
stdfilters.ftf
Msvcp60.dll
Msvcp71.dll
Msvcr71.dll

Stefan Geissler
January 6, 2010, 09:42:59
Hi,

I had a look on the depends error message again. This is realy strange, I never saw this before, but it seems, you did something wrong with your compiler settings. I suggest to investigate in this error message and try to find its meaning.

Goodidea
March 9, 2010, 23:16:10
Hi,

I had a look on the depends error message again.
The system error window is attached.

This is realy strange, I never saw this before, but it seems, you did something wrong with your compiler settings.
Yes, it was a wrong linker option. Now I use /MACHINE:IX86 on my VC6 compiler and the software with IC version 3.0 work fine on Windows 7 32 and 64bit. Do you suggest a better option, maybe I must don't use MACHINE?

My other software with IC versione 2.0 don't run... :-(
Have you developed a version 2.x for the 64bit system?
I don't want rewrite everything for the 3.0... :doh: Please HELP! :smile-big:

Stefan Geissler
March 10, 2010, 09:59:02
Have you developed a version 2.x for the 64bit system?
Yes, it is version 3.0. I mean, its one of the reasons, why we made 3.0 and stopped 2.0. IC 2.0 was ended in the year 2005. Thus it is very hard to support for me.
However, the problem seems to be in your VC6 compiler settings and even Microsoft stopped the support for VC6.

However, please search in the internet for "No PE signature found". You will link like:

http://www.realgeek.com/forums/cant-install-app-winexec-error-0002h-140154.html

and similar pages. I have to admit, I have no idea how to get around this problem. You may try the sample-demoapp on the Windows 7 system, if I remember right, it was compiled with VC 6.