PDA

View Full Version : Change framerate of ueye camera with ActiveX control

asdf
September 10, 2009, 04:14:49
I am using the UI-2210-SE-C-BG model ueye camera (http://www.1stvision.com/cameras/IDS/UI-2210SE.html) with the ActiveX IC Imaging control. When I query DeviceFrameRates it returns an empty list. The camera defaults to 30Hz and I get an error when I attempt to assign to DeviceFrameRate or when I attempt to LoadDeviceStateFromFile ("An option is not available" and "The operation was only partly successful" respectively). In either case the camera remains at 30Hz. The camera is capable of operating at up to 75Hz. How can I access this functionality? I am using the trial version of 3.0 to evaluate its suitability for my application but with this issue I can't use it.

Stefan Geissler
September 10, 2009, 08:22:06
Dear "asdf"

Please ask the IDS support. Tell them, they can contact me. May be they have a new driver.

asdf
September 10, 2009, 09:40:12
So to clarify, you believe there might be a problem with the IDS drivers causing them to not expose the available framerates?

Stefan Geissler
September 10, 2009, 09:42:47
These are my experiences. You also should expect problems with "LoadDeviceState", because the camera gives are negative height in the video format.

asdf
September 10, 2009, 09:55:55
I haven't experienced that problem. I should have mentioned if I remove the framerate node from the xml and then load it doesn't give a warning.

Stefan Geissler
September 10, 2009, 11:28:22
You are right. Removing the <fps> tags is the correct way. You may also have a look on the height. May be IDS has fixed this problem in the last drivers. I never tested this.