PDA

View Full Version : IC capture update question and intermittent problem....?

Kokatha man
September 6, 2009, 06:53:46
At the moment I have 2.0 and note there is a 2.1 trial version on the website..... I was wondering how to update my (non-trial) version to 2.1 and could this fix the following....?

Occassionally when capturing AND AFTER I CLOSE THE AVI a standard windows error messsage comes up saying that the program is encountering problems and will have to close down.....unfortunately the screen seems to "freeze" because you can't close IC capture (even through Windows task manager) and it corrupts that last avi taken before the error message appears such that it can't be played in Windows Media nor processed.....

The only operation I can enable is to shut the pc down (with the "frozen" IC capture program still open) and restart it and open IC capture up again - this then normally lets me continue without any more problems....?

Stefan Geissler
September 7, 2009, 09:39:12
Hi,

At the moment I have 2.0 and note there is a 2.1 trial version on the website..... I was wondering how to update my (non-trial) version to 2.1 and could this fix the following....?

The only difference between 2.0 and 2.1 is the support of GigE cameras. So the update is only interesting for you, if you use a The Imaging Source GigE camera.

To your second problem: What computer model do you use?

Kokatha man
September 8, 2009, 14:42:08
Toshiba Satellite Pro2 (duo processor) - this Toshiba laptop is the one I use with IC capture and the DBK21AU04.AS .....the problem does not happen every time I have an imaging "session" - but it happens a little more than "occassionally"....!:-(

Stefan Geissler
September 8, 2009, 14:51:05
I can guess only:

If the AVI files are bigger than 2GB (Fat32) or 4GB (NTFS), then IC Capture can not close them because of limitations of the file system.
Also may be the harddisc is full.

Kokatha man
September 8, 2009, 15:10:11
I can guess only:

If the AVI files are bigger than 2GB (Fat32) or 4GB (NTFS), then IC Capture can not close them because of limitations of the file system.
Also may be the harddisc is full.

.....thanks. I appreciate you responding Stefan:good:.....but nope, making sure there is plenty of space on my "D" drive is part of my regular preparation before every imaging session.....and the files I take are all of 1.3Gb size (give or take a few bits....!):-);-)

Stefan Geissler
September 8, 2009, 15:14:48
Next question:
What driver version of the camera driver do you use? You can check this in the Device Manager while the camera is connected.