PDA

View Full Version : Problems with registax 5 in extended mode - any other stacking software?

Skywatcher
August 22, 2009, 08:44:58
Sorry to post here but not getting anywhere on any other forum

I have the large chipped colour USB IS camera and Registax5 will not produce a colour image using its debayer matrix when I use files that are over a gig in size - below this all is fine and it is producing some nice images - above this it produces a rastersized B and W image

Yes I'm using Y800 etc

I love this camera but I need a piece of software that will stack the larger files - is anyone else getting this problem

akjudge
August 22, 2009, 21:35:45
Have you tried AviStack? Very similiar to Registax but with some improvements.

I don't have color IS so I am not sure if this will help.

Kokatha man
September 6, 2009, 06:06:10
I've made a post in this forum just prior to this response wherein I have a similar problem with the DBK21AU04.AS and large avi files in Registax 5.....I find that R4 handles them with no problem and Cor from Registax hasn't thrown any light on the matter (haven't heard back from my last email to him a couple of weeks ago - and before that he just commented that he'd not heard anyone else raise this problem....!)

I suspect it is an issue with the colour cams but can't find any assistance anywhere....!

Skywatcher
September 7, 2009, 08:48:35
I've made a post in this forum just prior to this response wherein I have a similar problem with the DBK21AU04.AS and large avi files in Registax 5.....I find that R4 handles them with no problem and Cor from Registax hasn't thrown any light on the matter (haven't heard back from my last email to him a couple of weeks ago - and before that he just commented that he'd not heard anyone else raise this problem....!)

I suspect it is an issue with the colour cams but can't find any assistance anywhere....!

Well if he does reply to you can you tell him that at least 1 other person is having this probem and I could not get avi stack to work at all