PDA

View Full Version : LiveImaging not showing (VB6, DBK41AF02,PCI1394)

Cyrille
August 19, 2009, 11:27:29
Our VB6 application was not showing a liveimage today, after a reboot of the PC. The devices were recognized and the software was ok, but no live image.

The ICcapture software could display the live images of the 2 cameras connected.

Deconnecting and reconnecting the camera did not change anything.

A reboot of the PC resolved the problem. The VB6 application is back to normal.

Is there a way to reset the PCI1394 board when starting the application within IS tools?
We did not use the IC.livevideorunning to check if there was a signal, that has been corrected, but still we would like to be sure to start with a clean system...

Cyrille

Stefan Geissler
August 21, 2009, 09:07:25
Cyrille

I am very sorry, but there is no way to reset the 1394 bus or the camera.

If the computer is rebooted while the camera provides a live video stream and if the camera was not unpowered, then the camera will not notice the reboot. It keeps providing a video stream. Then the driver will not connect to the camera, because the camera seems to be occupied by another session.

However, I am surprised disconnecting and reconnecting of the camera had no result. Thus please contact me at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/case/ and let me know the serial number of the camera. I will check the firmware version and may be we can fix this problem with a firmware update.