PDA

View Full Version : How to change resolution/frame rate thru C-wrapper

rhuang
August 18, 2009, 01:29:32
Hi,

I'm developing software to interface a DFK 31BF03-Z2 through the C-wrapper DLL.

Right now it's consuming too much power to just displaying the live feed on my platform. Is there a way to lower the resolution and/or the frame rate (I believe the current resolution is 1024x768, and frame rate is 30Hz)?

Thanks a lot!

Rick

Sascha Schmidt
August 19, 2009, 11:18:44
Hi Rick,

The DFK 31BF03-Z2 supports only a resolution 1024x768.
Please have a look at:http://www.theimagingsource.com/de_DE/products/zoom-cameras/firewire-ccd-color/dfk31bf03z2/

In order to change the framerate or videoformat, you can use the device settings dialog.

HGRABBER grabber = IC_ShowDeviceSelectionDialog(0);

rhuang
August 20, 2009, 20:47:16
Thanks, Sasha

I've given it a try, but it doesn't seem to work. As I tried to use the dialog you mentioned to change the frame rate to 3.75 frm/sec, but the video still appears to be fairly smooth while it should be pretty choppy at 3.75Hz. Is there any other details that I should pay attention to?

One more thing, IC_EnableTrigger() always returns IC_ERROR for some reason, even when the camera is successfully set to work in trigger mode. Do you know any reason why this might be happening?

regards,
Rick

Stefan Geissler
August 21, 2009, 10:17:44
Thanks, Sasha

I've given it a try, but it doesn't seem to work. As I tried to use the dialog you mentioned to change the frame rate to 3.75 frm/sec, but the video still appears to be fairly smooth while it should be pretty choppy at 3.75Hz. Is there any other details that I should pay attention to?

Setting the framerate should be something like this:
IC_InitGrabber();
IC_GetDeviceCount();
IC_OpenVideoCaptureDevice(IC_GetDevice(0));
IC_SetFramerate(30.00f);

One more thing, IC_EnableTrigger() always returns IC_ERROR for some reason, even when the camera is successfully set to work in trigger mode. Do you know any reason why this might be happening?

The reason is an error in the DLL. Please check, whether your camera reacts on the trigger pulse. The error refers only to the return value (i hope).