PDA

View Full Version : DMK 21 problem, help appreciated!!

Glasspusher
August 1, 2009, 16:24:40
I finally got to try out my new DMK 21 a couple of nights back, all worked well for my first sequence of Jupiter, camera connected to laptop running from battery. When I subsequently tried to use the camera I got the message 'device is in live mode, but does not seem to deliver images'. I have tried a different lead, reinstalled the software and changed the capture rate all to no avail. I contacted the dealer I bought it from who suggested it might be lack of power from the laptop usb port, they said give it a go on a desk top. This I did and the camera worked OK. Problem is I need this thing to work on the battery powered laptop for obvious reasons. If any body has any thoughts or suggestions I would be grateful to hear them. Thanks in advance.

John

Stefan Geissler
August 3, 2009, 10:04:46
Hi John,

First of all, set the power settings to the highest possible value.

If you use Windows XP, please try the "FireWire Performance Manager". May be it fixes the problem. It can be downloaded from http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/downloads/tools/

Glasspusher
August 4, 2009, 09:39:43
Stephan,

Thanks for the reply, I should have mention that i am using a usb camera.

John

Stefan Geissler
August 4, 2009, 14:28:30
Hi John,

then you may exchange the USB cable or use a lower frame rate and do not forget to set the power settings (energy options) of Windows to the highest possible value.

Make sure, you hardware has a real USB 2.0 HighSpeed port.