PDA

View Full Version : Record a avi file through ANSI C wrapper dll

rhuang
July 7, 2009, 22:50:38
Hi, I'm wondering how to make an avi recording using the ANSI C wrapper. I was looking through the ANSI wrapper documentation, but I couldn't find any function that explicitly does a video recording.

Does the ANSI wrapper even support this? If it doesn't, what would be the easiest way to do a video recording without using anything that requires the VC/VC++ environment.

Thanks a lot,
Rick

Stefan Geissler
July 8, 2009, 08:33:02
Rick,

well, you are the first one asking for capturing AVI files through the C wrapper DLL. I think, this is still not implemented. I already mentioned, the wrapper DLL is not as sophistaced as IC Imaging Control itself and the support is only limited.

What programming environment do you use? Is it possible to use the IC OCX or .NET component in it?

rhuang
July 8, 2009, 19:27:30
I'm using MinGW. I'm not sure whether it'd support OCX or .NET, as I don't know how.

Is there a way that I can just record a binary file containing just the pixel values at a certain frame rate, through the C wrapper? I think I can convert the .bin file into an avi later.

Thanks again.

Rick

Stefan Geissler
July 9, 2009, 08:27:00
Rick,

you have access to the image data and can handle it as wanted.

The problem is I am going on holidays, thus I think I wont find the time in the next two days for adding AVI support to the C Wrapper DLL.

rhuang
July 9, 2009, 16:35:42
Thanks a lot, Stefan

I'll try just recording the image data for the time being. But if you can add AVI support to the C wrapper say sometime next week, it'd still be of great help to me.

Really appreciate it! Have a great vacation!

Rick

Stefan Geissler
July 9, 2009, 16:39:47
Rick,

I am on holidays next week...

rhuang
July 22, 2009, 01:34:00
Dear Stefan,

Could you please add the avi recording support to the C wrapper after your vacation, or the soonest you can manage? I tried recording by writing the pixel data into a bin file. It works, but it would also result in a relatively large file for a short recording, plus I'd still have to go through the hassle of converting it to avi.

Really really appreciate it! Hope you've had a great vacation!:-)

Rick