PDA

View Full Version : Network Source/Renderer filters with AVI file.

potatosoftware
July 7, 2009, 17:47:02
Hi there.
I created two MV workspaces. in the first a video sending grath that reads an AVI file from disk then sends it via MV Network Renderer filter.
In the second the receiving part, ie a Network source filter that sends the depacketized frames to a decoder then a window display filter.

When I tested, the video is exteremely fast and hardly could I see some of the pictures. After 3 or 4 seconds the video stopped since all frames were streamed.

How can I solve this pbm ? Is'nt this a serious bug ? Because when I visualize the video using a player, the framerate is OK. which means that the AVI video contains a correct frame rate that should have been respected by MV Network sender filter and the Network source filtter as well.

This bug is making me despairing alot becuase in the far future I may be relying on Montivision for all the straeming part and camera capture part.

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

(Montivision tester-Evaluation mode)

Marc Cymontkowski
July 10, 2009, 16:26:01
Hi,

Please try our most recent network filters:
http://www.montivision.com/download/updates/NetworkFilters_07_2009.zip

The filters have been developed for general purpose live data transmission, e.g. transmitting MJPEG frames as well as MontiVision I/O signals over the network. True streaming is not a native application for these filters.

However, when working with file sources, you have to make sure that the sender graph sends if it was a live source. You can achieve this by adding rendering the video to a video renderer in parallel to the network renderer. in this scenario the video renderer will block the splitter whenever the timing requires this.

Best Regards,

Marc Cymontkowski

potatosoftware
July 10, 2009, 17:31:55
First of all thank you for your answer. And I will use the new files in my testing compaign.

Adding a rendere does not look like a turn around that can be implemented in a realworld application.

In my scenarion, I am developing a server application that connects to multiple cameras then forwards the streams to remote observers.

Are you implying in your answer that streaming filters in MV are not suitable for real scenario streaming applications ??

Marc Cymontkowski
July 10, 2009, 18:02:00
Hi,

They have been designed for real-time signal transmission, which could be live video (from a capture source) or I/O signals to remote control graphs. They have not been designed to stream A/V files. Consider our filter to be a method to connect DirectShow graphs across networks.

Best Regards,

Marc Cymontkowski

potatosoftware
July 14, 2009, 11:34:18
Ah OK, I see. I will test them in a streaming scenario using a live video source like an IP Camera.

But what can I do for stored video ?
In my application, I want to be able to request remote video files.
In fact, the server part captures videos from multiple sources including cameras. Live stream is either streamed in real time using your RTP filter to the remote client application, or stored in a compressed form in local disk.
The remote client application and at user request should be able to request video files previously stored by server and render them.

How can I then achieve this latter goal ?

Thank you for your help indeed.