PDA

View Full Version : Long exposure: time remaining

carlomuccini
July 6, 2009, 14:39:10
During a long exposure (+ 5 min) is possible to know how much time is missing at the end, or how much time is passed ?

Is possible set the time of exposition to an integer values of seconds ? For example I cannot select 60 seconds but 55 or 65.

Thanks

Carlo

Stefan Geissler
July 6, 2009, 14:44:51
Hello,

many customers have requested a feature showing the remaining expsore time. However, it is not easy to add this to the IC Capture program structure.

To you second request: You can click into the display of the numbers be the exposure slider and enter the seconds as decimal values.

carlomuccini
July 6, 2009, 14:48:19
Hello,

many customers have requested a feature showing the remaining expsore time. However, it is not easy to add this to the IC Capture program structure.

To you second request: You can click into the display of the numbers be the exposure slider and enter the seconds as decimal values.

1. ok for the remaining, but for the elapsed....hopefully !

2. I thought too, but the field is read-only: is impossible to write in.
I can only use the cursor to set the value.

Carlo

Stefan Geissler
July 6, 2009, 14:51:20
Well, you can not click in the field where the numbers are displayed and change the numbers? (Even if no cursor is visible in there?)

carlomuccini
July 6, 2009, 14:59:03
Tonight I will try to do as you say and I will know tomorrow.
Thank you

Carlo

carlomuccini
July 7, 2009, 18:46:16
Well, you can not click in the field where the numbers are displayed and change the numbers? (Even if no cursor is visible in there?)

Exactly. I cannot edit the grayed value and cannot set the total time exposure like 60 sec; I can only select the time using the cursor at 55 or 65 for example.

Stefan Geissler
July 8, 2009, 09:36:23
You are right. Please do following:
Right click on the live video. In the context menu select "Properties". The property dialog opens. Click on the "Exposure" tab. Click on the gray text field where the time is displayed. Now the trick: enter "60/1" for 60 seconds. If you enter "60" only, then the result will be "1/10000".

I tested this with IC Capture 2.0 and it worked fine.

carlomuccini
July 8, 2009, 15:53:17
Right click on the live video. In the context menu select "Properties". The property dialog opens. Click on the "Exposure" tab. Click on the gray text field where the time is displayed. Now the trick: enter "60/1" for 60 seconds. If you enter "60" only, then the result will be "1/10000".

Thank you
Saturday I will use your trick and say you the results.

Carlo

carlomuccini
July 10, 2009, 23:26:25
Thank you
Saturday I will use your trick and say you the results.

Carlo

Ok I tested with the 2,1 version and worked.

I hope that the new version 2.2 the command functions normally.
The trick is nice; please think seriously for an update.

Carlo

carlomuccini
July 14, 2009, 00:34:13
M27: two shot of 240 sec. each, no filter: Rome down town, WO 66ED, Guide: Borg 100.
Vixen GP/DX and Astromeccanica DA2

The waiting time without active timer is very frustrating....
The camera is working very fine.

Carlo

http://www.wco.it/public/m27finale.jpg