PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 RC1 and IC Capture

rodolgo
July 4, 2009, 13:31:18
Hi,

Although the latest drivers available on the site do install correctly on Win7 RC1 (build 7100), IC Capture has difficulties running:

"The device DMx 31AF03.AS (xxxxxxxxx) is in live mode but does not seem to deilver images. Please try a different video format..."

Trying different settings (Admin mode, various compatibility modes Vista, XP...) but to no avail.

Any beta drivers available?

Thanks,

Rodolphe

Stefan Geissler
July 6, 2009, 08:46:12
Hello Rodolphe

Since Windows 7 is not officially released, we do not support it.

However, it works fine on our computer, which is a desktop system. I do not know anything about your computer, thus I guess, it is a laptop.

First of all, try lower frame rates. If lower frame rates give an image, then try to enhance the power settings of your laptop to what ever is the highest level. I do not know, what this is in Windows 7.

I assume, you got this laptop with Windows Vista or Windows XP. Did the camera run with them? If so, the problem is Windows 7. In this case, I can not help right now, because Windows 7 is not released.

rodolgo
July 7, 2009, 11:18:05
Thanks Stefan,

The system I'm using is a laptop (HPnc8430 w/2GB Ram, intel 7200, and a fast internal disk)and the camera + software used to work very well with XP and Vista (all 32bits).

I did manage once to get images @ 3.5 fps, but increasing the frame rate did not work i.e. it lead to the problem I mentioned.

Will try on a different (more recent) system.

Am I the only one reporting this issue?

Thanks anyway.

Rodolphe

Stefan Geissler
July 7, 2009, 11:52:11
HI Rodolphe,

If the camera worked will on Vista and XP, then your hardware is not the problem. Windows 7 seems to be the problem on your laptop. Until it is not released, I suggest to switch back to Vista or XP.

Stefan Geissler
August 13, 2009, 10:28:14
Hello,

we released the driver version 4.0.1.5, that runs fine on Windows 7. It can be downloaded from http://www.theimagingsource.com/en_US/support/downloads/