PDA

View Full Version : ICIImagingControl not appearing by default in Labview

dmahl
June 23, 2009, 15:01:33
Hi everyone,
I'm writing a program to sample images from a CCD camera using the ICIImagingControl VI that comes with the ACtiveX package. Only problem is the window does not actually appear by default. What I mean is, when I start up my program (just a VI at this point not an .exe), the window where I should see my image is not there. I then have to go into the block diagram and double click on the ICIImagingControl to force it to show itself on the front panel. I know the solution is probably pretty simple, but I just can't seem to figure it out.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks!
-d

Stefan Geissler
June 23, 2009, 15:12:35
Hi,

this is a nice problem for the National Instruments support. The ActiveX of IC Imaging Control is a standard ActiveX, nothing special.

dmahl
June 23, 2009, 18:16:32
Thanks for the tip. I joined that forum, but it seems no one can answer my question. I had posted here in the hopes that this was an easy question to answer. It seems odd that it is not, because this really affects the way my program runs. The user (not necessarily me) has to open up my VI, then make sure that they open the block diagram and double click the control so that it is showing when the program runs. Otherwise, the program does not function (well it does, but the user can't see what is going on).
Any suggestions? This does seem to be a problem involving the ICImagingControl, not labview itself.
-d

Stefan Geissler
June 24, 2009, 13:25:56
I suppose you use LabVIEW 7 or higher. I have to admit, I have no idea. Is there a message box in the background? LabVIEW opens so many windows on the desktop, may be there is a message box behind?