PDA

View Full Version : denoise filter in LiveCaptureContinuous mode

grizli
May 12, 2009, 11:47:58
Hi all
i've developed an app using IcImagingControl in LiveCaptureContinuous mode, which means i receive an event every time there's a new frame, modify it a bit (which is why i can't use Livedisplay mode) and then display it in a picture box. my video feed is switched externally from regular CCD to a night camera (ICCD). predictably, the night video quality is low, and now my customer wants me to add image integration to improve image quality. a short browse through the documentation implied that what i need is basically the standard DeNoise Filter available in stdfilters.
the big question is: do filters work in LiveCaptureContinuous mode or just in liveDisplay? is the buffer received in the image available event a "filtered" image - after the image integration by the filter? i'm trying to figure out if i have to rewrite an image integration algorithm just because i'm using LiveCaptureContinuous or not, which would affect my price quote quite a bit... :tongue:

thanks for any speedy reply
grizli

Stefan Geissler
May 12, 2009, 13:08:27
Hi grizli,

You can insert the denoise filter directly in the device path. Then you do not need to change anything in your application. The LiveCaptureContinuous is working as before. Please keep in mind, the DeNoise filter reduces the frame rate. It accumulates some images, calcs the average and forwards the calculated image.

You may write your own denoise filter, that does not reduce the frame rate.

grizli
May 12, 2009, 14:52:42
thanks stefan
i've been looking at the documentation and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to create the ftf files if i wish to provide source code for all the rest but not for the filter...

again thanks

grizli
May 12, 2009, 15:46:26
sorry, i found out how... :silly:

Stefan Geissler
May 12, 2009, 16:21:39
Sorry, I was too slow..