PDA

View Full Version : Ok again a help with colour

Skywatcher
May 4, 2009, 12:43:27
DBK41 au02

recorded a 1 minute avi in y800 and uploaded into registax and got this

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb84/sidleydoc/saturn.jpg

ticked debayer and gb and the resultant avi was blood red!!

tweaked for clour but a mile away from natural

what am I doing wrongs??

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb84/sidleydoc/saturnredreg4coloured.jpg

Stefan Geissler
May 4, 2009, 13:08:28
Hi

Did you try the different start patterns, registax offers?

Skywatcher
May 4, 2009, 13:47:56
sorry stefan - what do you mean by the start patterns?

Stefan Geissler
May 4, 2009, 14:42:54
Registax offers all for possible start patterns for debayering.

Skywatcher
May 4, 2009, 15:47:33
Yeah the red is the only one with any detail blue too feint and the grees are just awful

the only way I could get any colour was to stack and process in red then use a post process software to move the histograms around - is this correct or are people getting nicely coloured images straight out of registax??
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb84/sidleydoc/saturn5postprocess.jpg

Stefan Geissler
May 4, 2009, 15:57:31
Hello,

is it possible, you disadjusted the white balance somehow? Then the camera can provide a completely red image.

Skywatcher
May 14, 2009, 11:47:39
It is possible I suppose I shall have to wait until my next clear sky to try again - this may sadly be sometime however

Kokatha man
May 22, 2009, 05:49:21
Don't know whether any of this is relevant to your question but.....okay, just an uneducated newbie throwing his comments in here: I am most probably mistaken with the first point but.....

(a) sometimes when processing the avi's from my DBK21 (colour) camera when I tick "debayer" option I have to select a colour combo that I think is not what I had chosen in IC Capture AS - hard to be certain as I haven't written down the combo used in IC Capture.....in other words I have thought I was using (say) "GB" but if I choose that combo in Registax the single frames in the avi framelist are either blood red or some other wrong colour.....I have to choose the combo nearest what the planet looked like onscreen during capture (usually the one that shows the single frames as pale yellow for Jupiter with my 6" achro!)

(b) If I use Registax 5, when I get to the processing of a set of reference frames (ie "create reference") the colour image of the planet becomes mono and stays B&W thereafter.....but it does NOT do this in Registax 4!!!.....I have relayed this to Cor at R/stax but after some emails going over stufff I'd already done he could only tell me "nobody else had experienced this problem!" (my exclamation mark.)

(c) During the processing of the avi in Registax (and when the right combo is chosen) Jupiter will appear strongly green as it is running through "align" or "optimise" etc.....but turns out okay colour at the end of each procedure.....

Stefan Geissler
May 22, 2009, 10:52:03
Hello,

it seems, these are Registax problems. Thus I can not answer your questions. I suggest to ask in Registax Forums instead.