PDA

View Full Version : Array of ImagingControls ?

rjoiner
March 13, 2009, 06:49:50
On a windows form I would like to have one large ImagingControl,
with up to another 9 smaller controls, and when the user clicks on
one of the small windows it is displayed in the large window where they
can adjust the settings.

Is it possible to have an array of ImagingControls, and is it possible to
assign the settings of one control to another, I suspect ImagingControl1 = ImagingControl2 wouldn't do it ?

I think I read that it is not good having the one device displayed in more than one control.
Is that the same for something like a video capture card that exposes more than one Input Channel ?

The Click event doesn't appear to fire, but MouseDown does, so I could
use that instead.

Also is there a document that lists what all the properties and events do ?

Thanks

Robert

Stefan Geissler
March 13, 2009, 10:49:46
Robert

Is it possible to have an array of ImagingControls, and is it possible to
assign the settings of one control to another, I suspect ImagingControl1 = ImagingControl2 wouldn't do it ?

First of all, yes, it is possible to use 9 imaging controls in an array. May be you will encounter problems with the license context. (Search for license context in the forum or ask me for an update to IC 3.1 which allows to pass the license key directly to the constructor.)

Assigning one IC to another wont work in your case, because the windows and filtergraphs can not be assigned. You may up- and downsize and move the matching controls instead.

I think I read that it is not good having the one device displayed in more than one control.
Is that the same for something like a video capture card that exposes more than one Input Channel ?

A live video stream can only be started once. Thus it can be displayed only once, except you may use the ImageAvailable event and display the incoming frames in a picture box. May be this is a solution for your first question too? It is the same with a grabber with more input channels. These grabber boards usually have only one digitizer and three input channels. These input channels can only be used in sequence.

The Click event doesn't appear to fire, but MouseDown does, so I could
use that instead.

This could be a problem of IC 3.0.

Also is there a document that lists what all the properties and events do ?
Yes. It is already installed on your computer. Click the Windows Start button, then All Programs, then IC Imaging Control 3.0 and start "Components Users Guide". Or in Visual Studio move the input cursor on an IC command and press F1 key. Dynamic Help should work too (exception Visual Studio express).
Also there is an online version available at http://www.imagingcontrol.com.

rjoiner
March 16, 2009, 00:29:56
Thanks for the fast reply again Stefan.

That should give me some things to go on, for my program.

Do I have to open a support case to get the release candidate 3.1 version ?

I have opened one requesing the multi camera xml settings code snippet.

Stefan Geissler
March 16, 2009, 11:16:12
Hi

Do I have to open a support case to get the release candidate 3.1 version ?
This would be nice.