PDA

View Full Version : multi capture and overlay

lcdlizard
March 4, 2009, 16:28:56
Hi
we have recently purchased your cameras to be used in a anpr enviroment which are proving to be very effective we have also looked at your zoom cameras and think these would suit a new project we are looking to embark on.please could you advise if the software is capable of recording 1 cameras video input to 2 devices example hard disk and memory stick in mpeg format.
one would be recording all the time the other would be stop/start when required also is it possible to overlay gps data on the video
thanks Ray

Stefan Geissler
March 5, 2009, 09:28:28
Hello Ray,

well, long time ago we did a similar project, capturing two AVI streams. One was with low frame rate, 5 fps, capturing continuously, the other AVI capture was with 30 fps on demand. At least, capturing of single images was also implemented.

Graphic Overlay for displaying of additional text data was also built-in.

The main problem in this application was the second AVI stream. It was the one for continuous 5 fps AVI capture. We solved this problem by creating a frame filter, that had his own filter graph with an Image Push source filter for AVI capture. The Image Push source filter is a C++ projected inherited from one of the DirectShow SDK sample codes.

But at least, it was a nice proof of concept internal project and it showed, it is possible to create a project that fullfills you requirements.

lcdlizard
March 6, 2009, 09:33:15
hi stefan
any chance of having a look at that source code for that project as it would be very intresting also have you ever overlayed gps data on an overlay i was thinking i would bring the data in on a string from the 232 port and define which parts of the data line i want to use and ouput to the screen, do you have any better ideas
thanks ray

Stefan Geissler
March 6, 2009, 10:57:31
Hi Ray,

unfortunatelly, there is no direct chance to have a look on the source code. Also the RS 232 communication is your part of programming, while the display on the live video stream is mine :-) This can be done with the Overlaybitmap in a very simple way.

I would like to suggest following: First of all start to program the simple stuff, that means getting the data from the GPS, displaying it on the OverlayBitmap and save the first AVI stream. Think about the user interface.

When it comes to the part of saving the second AVI stream, you can contact me at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/case/
I will try to help you implementing this.