PDA

View Full Version : IC imaging camera DMK41BF02 External trigger event to use it for multiple triggering

rajpootbhavesh
February 11, 2009, 06:42:06
dear sir/sirs.

I would like to use my imaging source camera for multiple triggering with activ vision tools software.

when external trigger applied to camera it should grab 5 images instead of sinlge image.

i m using VB.Net platform for programming.

if possible suggest me even with code for the same.

thanx in advance.

regards,
bhavesh gohil
Machine vision plus
mvplus@gmail.com
india

Stefan Geissler
February 11, 2009, 09:50:52
Dear bhavesh

The trigger triggers ony *one* image. It can not be used to trigger more than one image.

You must find another way for receiving 5 images on an extern signal.

With IC Imaging Control you may use the GP I/O (open drain connector, remove the back panel of the camera to see the connectors). If the input on the GP I/O changes you may snap 5 images from the stream.

Please refer to:
http://www.theimagingsource.com/downloads/dxxxxbfxxtrigio.en_US.pdf

rajpootbhavesh
February 11, 2009, 11:04:53
thanx for your reply.

can u just help me this way.

i want to make even in vb.net when i get hardware signal at my camera,
it sud exicute that even in vb.net?

if trigger even is not possbile i would prefer to use GPI for the same.

thanks in advance.

regards,
bhavesh

Stefan Geissler
February 11, 2009, 11:54:25
Hi bhavesh,

I gues you read the document mentioned. It shows some VB6 code. From this starting point you should be able to transform it to VB.NET.
I suggest to have a look in the "DigitIO" sample in the samples directory of your IC Imaging Control installation path. There are subdirectories for VB71 and VB8. In these directories you can find the sample code for handling the digitial IO of the camera.

Please keep in mind, the digital IO is an "open drain" connector. This is a difference to the trigger signal in electronics. (Please refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_drain )