PDA

View Full Version : CCD Colour image query

Starbabe
February 8, 2009, 13:17:15
Hi everyone,

I have recently bought a DFK21AU04.AS USB CCD Color camera - which is described as being a color camera on the imaging source website.

I have been trying to produce colour images to layer in Registax, however I can not seem to produce anything other than a black & white image.

I am recording the image in IC Capture as uncompressed Y800.

I have noticed that the "Backlight compensation" and "Colour enable" options in the Colour and Backlight bar are greyed out and are unselectable. (Does this matter, is there a way to change this?)

The live image is displayed in colour, but the recorded image is only in black and white. When I open it in Registax, it queries whether to process the image in black & white or not. I have tried both options. Once the AVI file is opened in registax I make sure that "Colour" is selected and then tick "use debayer" under Debayer options.

Despite choosing GR, BG, RG or GB, the image does not change from black and white to colour.

I have looked elsewhere on this forum and found a pdf document that suggests selecting these options should have resulted in the image being converted to colour in registax, however it hasn't.

Can anyone tell me how to obtain a colour image? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Stefan Geissler
February 9, 2009, 13:16:18
Hello,

please have a look to following tutorial:
http://www.astronomycamerasblog.com/2008/05/16/colored-raw-data-uncompressed-y800-capture-registax-import/