PDA

View Full Version : Publishing woes

Jack Johnson
January 23, 2009, 02:07:42
I use Vista, VS 2008 as a development platform

I use the 3.1.0.251 version of the control and build apps in C#.

When I publish the demoapp and try install it on Vista I get a "Can't run your app because IcImagingControl is not in the GAC".

When I install the ICImaging Control 3.1 package I get a "Gacutil.exe not found message".

Installing the published demoapp on my development machine works fine.

Help!

Thanks

Stefan Geissler
January 23, 2009, 09:07:14
Hi Jack,

my first post was wrong, therefore I deleted it.

The IC component should not stay in the GAC on your customer's target computer. It should be saved in the application's directory.

Following files are needed:

* TIS.Imaging.ICImagingcontrol31.dll
* TIS_DShowLib08.dll
* TIS_UDSHL08_vc9.dll
* *.VDA
* vcredist_x86_2008.exe (VC9 Runtime installation by Micosoft)
* dotnetfx_2.0.exe (.NET Framework 2.0 installation)

"Gacutil.exe" belongs to the .NET framework SDK and should be installed by the Visual Studio setups. Thus this tool is not on your customer's target computer.

The MS publish tool seems to expect, IC Imaging Control being in the GAC. But it is not, because it is installed by your setup. May be you can configure the publish tool in the way, it does not expect IC Imaging Control in the GAC on the target computer. We have no experiences with this.

Stefan Geissler
January 23, 2009, 11:13:05
Hi Jack,

we checked the publisher of Visual Studio 2008. Please perform following steps:

Execute the publish wizard.

Add the files "TIS_UDSHL08_vc9.dll", "TIS_DShowLib08.dll" and the "vda" files as link to the project. In the Solution view show the properties of all of these included files and set "Build Action" to "Content".

Then open the project properties and select "publish". In this dialog click on the "Application Files..." button.

In the "Application Files" dialog change "Publish Status" of "TIS.Imaging.ICImagingControl31.dll" to "include". Click "OK" to close this dialog.

Then click on the butten "Prerequisites...". In the "Prerequisites" dialog check ".NET Framework 2.0 (x86)" and "Visual C++ Runtime Libraries(x86)". If your application needs frame work 3.5, then check the ".NET Framework 3.5". Close this dialog.

Jack Johnson
January 23, 2009, 19:32:44
I did as you suggested.

Sucesss.

Stefan Geissler
January 26, 2009, 09:06:24
Jack,

short, but *very* appreciated!