PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys, I'm new here :)

ant
January 14, 2009, 13:13:15
Hello all,

I'm an Astronomer based in Essex, UK. My main interest lies in Imaging (hence being here).

In have a few capture devices dSLR, Webcam and a DMK21.

Generally the DMK21 gets used for lunar and planetary imaging but recently I started pulse guiding through PHD.

The software that I use is PHD for the guiding, IC Capture for the lunar stuff and then a few other bits and bobs for the dSLR control.

I have several questions but will only ask one question per thread (if that's OK?)

So the starter for 10...

In the IC Capture software the exposure setting box shows -11 though +12. 0 seems to be 1 second, -1 is 1/2 second -2 is 1/4 etc etc. +12 is 60 minutes.

I know know a number of people with this software (the same version as me) that have the actual exposure showing up in that box not the negative / positive number.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I've recenly bought a new HDD (don't the DMK's eat drive space :eek: ?) and reinstalled everything fresh, and it still does it.

I know it's not that annoying, but I'd much prefer the actual exposure shown...

Thanks in advance.

Ant

Stefan Geissler
January 14, 2009, 13:38:52
Hi Ant,

Do you use the USB or the FireWire version of the DMK?

ant
January 14, 2009, 13:40:07
I've done a little digging and found a thread that already addresses this issue.

The only snag is that I'm certain that the driver is already installed correctly... but we'll find out tonight.

Cheers

Ant

ant
January 14, 2009, 13:40:46
Hi Stefan,

Sorry it's the USB version.

Stefan Geissler
January 14, 2009, 16:07:03
I guess, there is a file missing in IC Capture. Please send a request to me from http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/case/