PDA

View Full Version : Irfanview with DMK cam no absolute exposure values

Fox
December 18, 2008, 06:30:34
Hi

I'm a long time user of Irfanview to help with my imaging. The interface looks like IC Capture but the exposures are not in absolute values...they range from 11 to -13. I understand the formula 2^n can be used for exposure, but I wonder if i could get the absolute values to work. I bought my cam second hand on EBay and do not have the disk for IC Capture.

I looked around for other posts regarding this and it seems some others had the same problem but I tried what they did with no results. Oddly enough, the cam in device manager is using an Image source driver, and details show it as TIS UVC driver. From what i've read, if it uses these 11 to -13 values, it may be using a directshow driver?...for the life of me, it looks like the right driver is being used and it should be displaying absolute values for the exposure. Wonder if anyone has any ideas?

Also...the 2^n rule can't be right in my case...since the max exposure of the cam is 1 hr, 2^11 is 1/2 hr :(

My cam is a USB DMKAU2104AS
Thanks!

Stefan Geissler
December 18, 2008, 10:05:19
Dear Fox,

I think, the problem can be fixed by copying a missing adapter. If you have IC Capture installed, then there is a file named "uvc_driver.vda" in the IC Capture directory. You can copy this file to the IC Twain Source directory, which is "C:\Program Files\Common Files\IC Image Server 2". Then you should get the full TIS USB camera interface after you have restarted the IC TWAIN Source.

Fox
December 18, 2008, 16:31:21
Thanks for the rapid reply Stefan. Worked!...thanks and keep up the great work!...we DMK users appreciate it!

Stefan Geissler
December 18, 2008, 17:57:10
Hello Fox,

yes, you can take the file from the trial version. It is the same.