PDA

View Full Version : The requested mode is already active in IC_Grab_Picture.vi->

aking14
December 11, 2008, 20:12:01
When trying to use the IC_Grab_Picture.vi , I have recently been getting the following error:

Code: -2146828277
Exception occured in IC.ICImagingControl3.1: The requested mode is already active in IC_Grab_Picture.vi->PANEL Overview.vi

The code worked as expected previously, but after trying to modify my startup routine it has started producing the error. Reverting back to the old startup code, the error continues to occur.

Live mode is initiated and works as expected, but I need to additionally grab a frame and display it to the screen as well.

Are there any common causes for the above error?

Stefan Geissler
December 12, 2008, 08:43:37
Well,

this error occurs, if LiveCaptureContinuous has been set to true and MemorySnapImage is called. Or if the camera is already showing a live video stream (startLive called) and startLive is called a second time. LabVIEW will not stop the live video stream automatically if it ends a VI. The IC ActiveX will continue running. Thus, it is always a good idea calling LiveStop as first command on a VI.