PDA

View Full Version : DMK and blue screens in vista

Stathis
November 11, 2008, 00:47:02
Hello. I have the DMK 21AU04 which i use for a planetary camera, and autoguiding. While in vista 32 bit in my laptop, the camera crashes and i get a blue screen and windows restart. This happens when i have the eqmod software running, and the ccd software. I tried it without anything else plugged in, only the dmk and ic capture and it works. Also it works with PHD guiding software. As soon as i start getting ready for autoguiding, loading eqmod and Artemis Capture for my ccd, i get a blue screen.

I have done a clean format, runinng vista ultimate, i even upgraded to service pack 1, with all the updates but still there are blue screens. One option is to put XP on the laptop. But before i do that i was wondering if anyone had any idea why vista crash.

Stefan Geissler
November 11, 2008, 09:59:31
Please have a look, whether you have a "minidump" directory in your "Windows" directory. If so, please give be the most recent one. My programmers may can read it and try to find out, where the error occurred.

Did you ask the programms of your software about this too? It must no necessarily be our error.

Stathis
November 12, 2008, 01:41:37
Yes, i think there is a minidump directory. I will look it up and send the files. And yes, it may be an issue with other software, obviously there is some kind of conflict.