PDA

View Full Version : USB Camera detection problem C#

Isasi
October 28, 2008, 11:14:31
Hi,

I'm trying to use a USB webcam under Visual Studio 2005 (C#) with IC Capture Control (ActiveX) 3.0.1

But there is a problem: The Sample Application Demo (included in the package) detects the cameras but when I compile a C# application and call the "ShowDeviceSettingsDialog()" function, the USB camera doesn't appear in the combobox list.

This happens with the 3.0.1 professional installation. However, if I install the trial version, everything works OK.

Any idea about what's happening?

thanks in advance,
Alberto

Stefan Geissler
October 28, 2008, 13:39:56
Alberto,

please contact me at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/case/. I need your license key there.

akronymn
January 5, 2009, 22:51:11
Was there ever a solution to this problem? I'm having the same problem but working in VC6. I've got a case open with the support folks but was hoping for as quick of a solution as possible since I'm working with deadlines. Thanks!

Stefan Geissler
January 6, 2009, 11:17:10
In common this problem is a license problem. IC Imaging Control that comes for free with a The Imaging Source camera, will only handle The Imaging Source cameras, no other ones. Thus it is for free.

The Demoapp has been build with IC Imaging Control professional, thus it will detect nearly all WDM video capture devices.