PDA

View Full Version : MemorySnapImage and MemoryGetImageData

boaz
October 11, 2008, 23:39:34
Hello,
I use the above methods and get the data I need when I see the video on the screen. If I start recording by AviStartCapture the a.m. metods returns error 29 "An option is not available...".
I need to have the ability to access the data while capturing to a file.
Is is possible?
thank You

Reallyethical
October 12, 2008, 19:54:11
Any change of a basic application so we can see the error in an application?

Cheers

Adam

boaz
October 12, 2008, 20:22:12
Here is a basic application. (is a rar archive)
I took one of the samples which records to an avi file.
Checking the chkckbox enables a 5 seconds timer that does memorysnapimage. As long as no avi file capturing is done the snap is ok, but if the capturing is on the error fires.

Thank You for your reply,
Boaz

Stefan Geissler
October 13, 2008, 09:24:44
Hello,
I use the above methods and get the data I need when I see the video on the screen. If I start recording by AviStartCapture the a.m. metods returns error 29 "An option is not available...".
I need to have the ability to access the data while capturing to a file.
Is is possible?
thank You

Per default, this is not possible. But using a frame filter, this is surely possible. Using a frame filter means, AVI capture is done by a call to the "AviStartCapture" method, but image processing is done in a special filter. The "Image & Avicapture sample" shows, how to do this:
http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/library/dotnet/image-and-avi-capture/
Since you posted in the ActiveX forum, I guess, you use VB6 or Delphi6. Frame filters should be written in C++ or C#.

Also there is a second method. The "AviStartCapture" is not used, but an extra DLL for AVI capture. This DLL export functions, that receive an RGB 24 image buffer and add it to an AVI file. Unfortunatelly this DLL only supports the old Video for Windows interface. But it can be used in VB, thus you can use you already existing image processing. If you are interested in this DLL, please contact me using the form at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/case/

supermicky
December 1, 2008, 22:09:24
Hello,

I have a similar problem.

I'm using IcImagingControl 3.0

Using even the "Demo Application" for .Net, once i try to snap an image I get the "option is not available" error.

I really don't understand why. Because doing the same thing with the IcImagingControl 1.4 works great and I can save the picture.

any idea ?

Thanks.

Stefan Geissler
December 2, 2008, 08:23:34
Hi,

This comes, if the snapMode of the sink has been set to "false" and "MemorySnapImage" is called. On which position exactly does this error occur? And what are you doing in particular?